DevOps Engineer (Medior)
We at Xessable strongly believe in working together: combining our engineering skills, problem solving abilities, and creative thinking processes to build the best solutions for our clients, using the latest technologies.
We are looking for new team members who care about quality and results, are not afraid of taking ownership, and who are eager to continuously learn and develop themselves.
We are currently looking for a DevOps Engineer (Medior) to join the team.
Our client Briq Bookings is a quickly growing Dutch company and is a part of the digital revolution in the leisure industry. Their business is expanding in Europe, US and UK. They are redefining the online bookings experience step-by-step. Briq Bookings offers not only a smart and all-round booking system for one activity, but also gives you the opportunity to go beyond and connect with other leisure activities. Their software greatly impacts and improves the leisure sector while building a product for real people.
About you and the role
- You are an experienced DevOps Engineer who will, together with a DevOps colleague and our development teams, support and manage Briq’s mission-critical infrastructure and services.
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience in DevOps.
- You have experience with managing Ubuntu Linux servers through automation, MySQL/MariaDB, and one or more cloud providers
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Ansible and Datadog is considered a plus.
Bonus points if you have experience with information security.
- Maintain infrastructure (mostly on Microsoft Azure) and extend it in line with our needs.
- Proactively monitor and improve infrastructure and system health, performance, and security.
- Manage Ansible configuration scripts and GitLab-based CI/CD pipelines.
- Support teams in their ability to deploy, monitor and optimize their service(s).
- Help teams to resolve incidents.
- Maintain infrastructure documentation.
- Increase our compliance with applicable security benchmarks and other relevant industry standards.
Briq’s infrastructure includes:
- Microsoft Azure
- App Services (Linux and Windows based)
- Function Apps
- Virtual Machines (Ubuntu)
- Database for MariaDB servers
- Cache for Redis
- Service Bus
- Storage accounts
- Load balancers
- Key vaults
- Ansible, for VM deployment and maintenance
- Sentry, for error logging
- Datadog, for monitoring
- Cloudflare, for DNS
- GitLab, for source code management and CI/CD
- Linux and Windows VMs for testing
Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc.) of Informatics and computer engineering or similar is considered as a plus.
You will also work directly with our client, so fluent English is required.
Minimum B1 (Intermediate)
What do we offer?
- Nice, bright, and cozy office in Skopje
- Competitive salary
- Total transparency with the client
- Ambitious, highly motivating, and supportive environment for career growth
- Working along highly skilled colleagues with knowledge ranging from development, project management to cloud architecture
- 21 vacation days (plus bank holidays)
- Work cover insurance
- Private health insurance
- Gym membership
- Ping-pong table and many people willing to beat you
- Fresh fruit in the office
- A chance for continuous improvement and learning
Experience is more important to us than formal education. If you can’t check off every single box of the above, still please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re eager to get to know you and have a conversation about the possibilities.
If you are a friendly, independent, and professional person you will fit right in our amazing team!